Thursday, October 30, 2008
Yes....a blooming idiot.
I got to thinking today what if he or one of his friends/family members just happens to stumble upon my blog? If I can find a picture of him on the Internet in two minutes then it is possible for that to happen. How mortifying would that be? He would either be flattered or think i'm the crazy stalker lady that lives in very close proximity. More than likely he will think i'm crazy and go to our local police station and promptly file a protective order! Maybe I can blame it on old age, fat deposits and scare crow wrinkles?
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
1. I did not try to staple the strap back together on my purse that broke. That would be kinda ghetto fabulous!
2. I was not too cheap to just go buy a new purse
3. I did not pretend to still be asleep Saturday morning so DH would get up and make breakfast for Alex
4. I did not play hookie from work....I did not tell my boss that Alex was sick.
5. I am not worried that he will find out!!
6. I do not think my new neighbor is ridiculously hot. I did not try to find every excuse in the world to knock on his door just so I could see him!
Please make sure to stop by MckMama's site (the original founder of Not Me Monday!) athttp://www.mycharmingkids.net/.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
1. This is my oven....my very SMALL oven. Seriously when we first looked at this house I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how small it was. I have seen Easy Bake Ovens that are bigger! Oh and to make it even better when you pull the oven door open the whole freakin oven comes forward! We are just renting our home right now so I guess I have to deal with it for now. Let me just tell you I dream of big beautiful ovens all of the time!!
3. Below is a picture of the shelving that is above our tiny stove. I actually love this little cubby hole! We have turned it into our spice/whatever else we use all of the time rack.
4. I happen to really like this decorative thing (I don't know what it is!).
5. My husband planted this out of a seed packet he bought at Wal Mart...I have no idea what it is called. Anyway as you can see it is starting to climb up wall and will soon take over.
7. Last but certainly not least here is my kitchen. Yes, I no I need to put up my dishes and wash the dirty one's but we had just got done with lunch and of course blogging was more important!!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I stayed with Mr. Jingles while they put him down and Alex waited in the waiting room with dad. Then we headed to the shop where Mr. S works and buried him near that cow pasture. R.I.P Mr. Jingles....I know he is now free and running with all four legs in Kitty Heaven.
Nurse: Hello is this Andrea?
Me: Yes, this is she
Nurse: I was just calling to let you know Alex has thrown up at school
Me: Oh no is he ok? (I'm thinking damnit why couldn't it of happened before I drove all the way to work?!)
Nurse: He's ok for now. I asked him what he had for breakfast and he said he only drank milk because his stomach hurt.
Me: Yes he said it hurt this morning, but I thought maybe he was just trying to get out of going to school (He's been known to do this)
Nurse: Well then I asked him what he had for dinner last night.....his answer was projectile vomit.
Me: Oh wow...i'm on my way(all the while i'm having to hide my fits of laughter that he had exorcist style vomit all over the school nurse!)
So now i'm at work with a sick child and all I really want to do is take him home. I hate having to bring him to work with me while he is sick. I no he hates it too. He wants nothing more than to just be in the comfort of his own home laying on the couch with mom snuggling. Ok snap back to reality. I HAVE to work otherwise I run the risk of losing my job. The entire car ride back to work I was thinking how can I be a SAHM and still make money? I'm not sure what the answer to that question is but I have to figure it out. I am so tired of missing out on things with my child to come to a job that I really don't like. I am tired of missing out on field trips at school, picking up my child everyday and the list could go on all day. So my new mission is to try to figure out a way to stay at home and make a little money too. I will let you know when and if I get it figured out!
So for now i'm just praying that the little stomach virus doesn't visit too long and that it doesn't spread throughout the entire family!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I thought it would be so much fun to do a contest! Everybody likes a contest don't they? I know I do! It honestly doesn't even matter to me what I win! I just like to win something. I also love to give things away!
Okay, onto the contest. I will be giving away a small gift package for you ladies out there (or for you guys to give to the lady in your life). All items
are brand new from Colors on Main a woman's boutique, which i'm sad to say had to shut its doors over the summer.
It includes: (pictured above)
1) Plump your Plucker Lip gloss - Strawberry Shortcake. This lip gloss is wonderful! It not only helps dry/cracked lips it also looks great. This shade has a lite pink tint to it and can either be worn by itself or over another shade of lipstick. I have tried just about every shade they have and just love it! Great for all occasions and it actually does give your lips a fuller look. Very small change, but I could tell a difference.
2) One bracelet - green crystal
3) One ankle bracelet - clear crystal
4) Candle - Medium size decorative candle
Here are the rules (don't worry there aren't many.)
- Leave a comment on this post. It can be about anything. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your family,your blog, about life in general or just say hello.
- If you would like an extra entry (2 all together) write a little blip about this contest on your blog and insert a link back to my blog. (Please let me know you are going to do this when you leave your comment)
- Contest will end Wednesday October 22nd, 2008 at 11:59 p.m. central standard time. I will post the winner Thursday October 23rd, 2008 by 9:00 a.m. here on my blog. Once I announce the winner please email me your name and mailing address. If the prize is not claimed by Friday October 24th, 2008 by 9:00 a.m. I will have to pick another lucky winner.
- Spread the word to others. The more people who participate the more fun it will be!! (This one is not mandatory)
- The winner will be picked randomly.
I am so excited about my first contest here in the blog world!! Have fun and good luck!
Monday, October 20, 2008
1. I did not get excited when I won a blog award and I did not go around telling EVERYONE....and people did not look at me crazy like so what?
2. I have not blogged at work everyday this week...sometimes for a few hours at a time. No that would be really unprofessional and might even cost me my job if discovered.
3. I did not keep telling my son "in just a minute" when he kept asking me to come play a game with him... I was not blogging when he asked me this. I would never blog instead of spending quality time with my child. I did not keep on blogging even when he said "Mom you are ALWAYS on the computer!." I did not pretend I just didn't hear him say that
4. I did not go to the casino three nights in a row after Alex went to bed. I did not leave my hubby at home with Alex while I went out and had fun! I did not spend money we didn't have to spend.
5. I did not keep putting money in those stupid slot machines thinking the next spin would be the jackpot only to lose alot of money. I did not loose any money!!!!
6. I don't want to go to Las Vegas....(hint hint Mr. S)
7. I did not get really annoyed with someone who called the office and hang up on them and then pretend we lost the connection when they called back a few minutes later.
8. I did not get frustrated with Alex when he said he would vote for Obama if he could vote. He is only 7 and that would be silly.
9. I did not wear my size 8 pants to work knowing full well when I put them on that morning they were too tight. I did not wear a long shirt to cover up the tightness and I did not have to unbutton my pants after lunch because they were unbearable. I absolutely did not blame my "weight gain" on PMS....no it couldn't be those McDonald's cheeseburgers. No way!!
Whew I feel so much better! Happy Not Me Monday Everyone!! Please remember to stop by the founder of Not Me Monday- McMama's site!
Please don't forget to go check out my contest!!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Here are the two awards that I have received!
"I love your Blog Award"
There a couple of rules that go with the awards. Here they are: 1) Answer the following questions with one word. 2) Pass these awards on to blogs you love!
1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
2. Where is your significant other? Work
3. Your hair color? Brown
4. Your mother? Florida
5. Your father? Worker
6. Your favorite thing? Family
7. Your dream last night? Weird
8. Your dream/goal? Happiness
9. The room you're in? Office
10. Your hobby? Blogging
11. Your fear? Death
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Wealthy
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you're not? Outgoing
15. One of your wish-list items? House
16. Where you grew up? Oklahoma
17. The last thing you did? Typed
18. What are you wearing? clothes.....
19. Your TV? home
20. Your pets? 3
21. Your computer? SLOW
22. Your mood? Happy
23. Missing someone? Yep!
24. Your car? Old
25. Something you're not wearing? Jeans
26. Favorite store? Walgreen's
27. Your summer? Fast!
28. Love someone? Absolutely
29. Your favorite color? Pink
30. When is the last time you laughed? Morning
31. Last time you cried? Saturday
Since I started blogging last April I have found so many blogs that I love and read daily. It's going to be hard to pick just a few to give these awards to! I am going to pass these awards on to:
Beth at http://endeanmom1.blogspot.com/
Gen at http://mcnultyquads.blogspot.com/
Mrs. Fire at http://insidethewilliamsjmov.blogspot.com/
Kadi at http://www.wombattheinnsane.com/
These are just a few of the many wonderful blogs out there!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I caught him in the act chewing up Alex's stuffed animal
What mom i'm not doing anything....
I promise I won't EVER do it again....
Did I hear you say Daddy left his shoes on the floor??!
Last but not least....the final mess!
Happy Wordless Wednesday!!
Please make sure you stop by and visit us tomorrow....I am having a contest!!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
1. I did not let Alex stay up till midnight Friday night just because I wanted to spend time with him...no that is way too late.
2. I did not get excited when I realized he was going to sleep in Saturday morning because he stayed up so late.
3. I did not have to rewash one load of laundry 3 times because I forgot about it for a few days.
4. I did not find myself arguing with Alex while playing a video game with him. That would be really immature.
5. I did not stop at a garage sale Saturday and buy a bunch of stuff I don't need....after I had just had a garage sale the same day to get rid of all of the junk in my house.
Hope everyone has a great Monday!! Please stop by McMama's site and read all of the Not Me Monday posts!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Our conversation went something like this....
Alex: Mom what are you doing???
Me: Honey, i'm vacuuming. What do you think i'm doing?
Alex: (laughing) I don't know...
Me: What do you mean you don't know? I'm vacuuming.
Alex: (he's silent for a few seconds) Mom, is there someone coming over that I don't know about?
Then I realize the only time I clean like a crazy woman is when someone is coming over to visit. I just started laughing. It's times like these that make me realize my child pays attention to EVERYTHING I do good and bad. Wow. The bad things....you know like saying bad words when I'm driving. Then I had a flash forward. I could just see my precious Alex all grown up and married with a family of his own......flying around the house with a vacuum cleaning like crazy because mom is coming over to visit!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. fresh basil or 1 tsp. dried
1 7-oz. jar pimiento-stuffed olives
1 26-oz. jar prepared pasta sauce
1 lb. spaghetti
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 2. Mix the ground beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, eggs and basil in a large bowl. Using the meat mixture, form about 30 small meatballs. 3. To make the eyeballs, press an olive into each meatball, pimiento side out. Place the eyeballs in a baking dish, cover with the pasta sauce, and bake for 45 minutes. 4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water. Drain and rinse the spaghetti and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent strands from sticking together. Put it on a platter or in a large serving bowl. 5. Spoon the eyeballs onto the spaghetti, irises up, and spoon the pasta sauce around them. Makes 10 servings.
This recipe can be found on the http://www.familyfun.com website.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
1. I did not work on this list off and on all week long adding or changing things each day...that would be nerdy.
2. I did not tell Alex to go play because he was reading my list.
3. I did not sit on the couch watching Dancing with the Stars while the dishes were piled in the sink.
4. I did not let Alex eat whoppers for an after dinner snack. That would just be unhealthy.
5. I absolutely did not yell obscenities AGAIN at the lady who almost pulled out and hit my car. I did not forget Alex was in the car listening to my bad language and then only realize he was there when he started laughing at me. No that would be really bad parenting.
6. I did not let Alex help me with this list since he would not go play and wanted to read everything. Is a 7 year old really qualified to help make a Not Me Monday list??
7. I did not spend way too much money at the fair this weekend and then go home and justify it to my husband.
8. Last but not least I did not get really disappointed when McMama said she was going on a blog vacation! No i'm not addicted to her blog!!
Hope everyone has a great week!!
Make sure you go check out McMama's site. She is the founder of Not Me Monday's and has a wonderful blog!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Answer the following questions with one word!
Your hair? frizzy
Your mother? wise
Your father? wonderful
Your favorite thing (not including people)? camping
Your dream last night? weird
Your dream/goal? rich
Your favorite drink? pepsi
The room you're in? office
Your ex? cheater
Your hobby? blogging
Your fear? death
Where do you want to be in 6 year? rich
Where were you last night? home
What you're not? singer
One of your wish list items? house
Where you grew up? stillwater
The last thing you did? ate
Favorite weather? stormy
What are you wearing? clothes
Favorite book? skippyjohn jones
Your TV? expensive
Your pet? puppy
Your computer? laptop
Your mood? anxious
Missing someone? alex
Your car? gold?
Something you're not wearing? earrings
Favorite store? casino (they do sell things here)
Love someone? Yep
Favorite color/shade? pink
Last thing you ate? chicken
Your life? good
Your friends? fun
What are you thinking right now? 5pm
What are you doing at this moment? typing
Your summer? swimming
Your relationship status? married
What do you do when you can't sleep? computer
When is the last time you laughed? today
Last time you cried? yesterday
Whew that was fun! Err...maybe not that much fun but I am at work and extremely bored and can't wait for 5 to get here! Please feel free to copy, paste and blog away.
* Alex had picture day yesterday. He actually had an opinion this year on what he wanted to wear. He DID NOT like what I had picked out and made sure I clearly understood his dislike.
* He picked out a shirt that I didn't like so much, but that's ok I let him wear it anyway. I was just proud he had an opinion and wasn't afraid to express it! He even helped me pick out his background and pose. :) He's growing up right before my eyes!
*We are going to the fair this weekend! I am really looking forward to spending time with my family and friends. Oh and did I mention we have lots and lots of free ride tickets?! Makes it even better.
*I may have to bite the bullet and get a new (or shall I say used) car. I'm really not happy about this considering I have NEVER in 15 years of driving had a car payment.
*I HATE my current car more than anything.
*I HATE cars period. Way overrated.
*Oklahoma's public transportation is non-existent. Why is everything sooo spread out here?
*Last but not least I can't wait for 5 to get here! TGIF!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!