Monday, March 23, 2009

End of an Era

My stepdad David passed away March 2, 2009. We all knew it was coming but it still doesn't make it any easier. Over the past few months after my mom died, David and I had grown closer. We talked at least once a week and had made plans for us to come visit again this summer. In the back of my mind I knew that David probably wouldn't be around for that visit, but I had hope. Hope that I would get to see him once again and go do all of the things we were planning. It is so strange to know that both y mom and David are gone. It is the end of an era of sorts. Their house will probably be put up for sale and everything that made the house special and unique will be gone. Even if we do visit it will never be the same. However, I am so glad that David is no longer suffering and that him and my mom are smiling down on me from Heaven. I am comforted in knowing that I will see them again one day...hopefully later than sooner.
On another note please pray for McMama and baby Stellan. Hope everyone has a great week!!
blog comments powered by Disqus