Friday, June 6, 2008

Prayer Request

A family friend of ours has been diagnosed with cancer. Just a couple of months ago he went to the doctor because he was having severe pain in his back. They found a large mass that is malignant. They were able to remove most of it but in just a few weeks the cancer had spread throughout his entire body. He is now in the hospital and has been told he has about a week to live. I really do believe in miracles, but sometimes it is so hard to not become negative. I went to the hospital last night to see him and it was just heartbreaking. Someone who was so full of life is now so sick and really doesn't even look like himself. His children, who are all close to my age, were up there pretty much saying their goodbyes. I just kept thinking this could be my dad lying here. I am so grateful that I was able to go see him hopefully not for the last time. Please say a prayer for him and his family. I am hoping that I will be able to write a post telling about his miracle!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus