Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sad News

A few days ago I posted a prayer request for a family friend of ours who had cancer. I'm sad to say he passed away this morning. It's unbelievable how fast the cancer took over his body. I am so sad that he died, but I'm also glad that he isn't suffering anymore. I have so many fond childhood memories of him and his family. We would always go to the lake camping every summer. He left behind his wife, five children and several grandchildren. My dad has been friends with him for as long as I can remember so I'm sure, even though he won't show it, he is just heartbroken. Of course the thought has crossed my mind that that could just as easily be my dad. I know God has a plan for us all and I guess it was just his time to go. God was ready for him to come home. I can't say that I'm not a little selfish though and wish God would have made an exception to his plan and let him stay a little longer with us!!
blog comments powered by Disqus