Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Say what?!

This past weekend while we were camping Alex and I decided to take a break from the outdoors and play his gameboy in the camper. We were laying on the bed and I was playing pac man while he watched. Out of the blue he says "Mom, what does lesbian mean?" Hmmm...wow botta bing botta bang....pac man is dead and mom is choking. Not that I have a problem explaining all of this kind of stuff to Alex. I would rather he hear it from me than from some kid on the playground at school. I just wasn't expecting that question to come out of his mouth at that moment in time so matter of factly. So I proceed to tell him about lesbians (of course the rated G version) and explained to him the difference between homosexual and heterosexual. I tried to keep it as simple as possible but with every answer there are ten more questions. Of course every time I said "same sex" or "opposite sex" or anything that had the word "sex" in it little fits of laughter came from his belly. The word "sex" is just hilarious to him and of course he KNOWS what it means! He really doesn't but he sure thinks he does!!! I'm sure that talk will come next!
On that note i'm signing off for the day. Here are a couple of pictures from Alex that really show how much he has changed the past two years.



Alex at the park. He was 4 years old in this picture.




Here is Alex at the park....3 years later at age 7. Wow what a difference a few years makes!
blog comments powered by Disqus