Tuesday, November 17, 2009

One year ago...

I can't believe it's been an entire year. A year since I heard your voice. A year since I said "I love you". A year since we chatted about the weather and our dogs. A year since I got that dreaded phone call no one wants to get. A year since you died and heaven gained an Angel. Mom, I love you and miss you more than words can express. I miss our Sunday morning chats and still find myself picking up the phone to call you. Oh if you could only see Peetie!! He is so happy and loves to run and play with the other dogs. He especially loves to play with Hammie...they run, roll around on the ground together and dig together!! He loves to curl under the blankets at night and snuggles with Alex. Alex loves to hear me tell funny stories about Peetie "The Great Big Chihuahua". Peetie LOVES to eat tortillas and still hates thunderstorms with a passion. He is such a special dog. He was with you in your final hours and I know he misses you. Sometimes I find him laying on your coat for comfort.
Alex has gotten so big!! He is almost to my shoulders now and weighs over sixty pounds! He loves school and has straight A's. He is looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas. His Christmas list is already made of course. He likes to hear stories about you and I only wish he could have gotten to know you better.
I love Thanksgiving and I always think of the time we ate Thanksgiving dinner at Mamaw's house in her bedroom. She was too sick to get out of bed so we ate rite there in her room. Remember that? Such a wonderful day and special memory! I miss you so much mom. I know someday we will see each other again but until that day I will continue to miss you and wish you were here with me.
I love you!
Andrea Leigh

P.S. B-B-B I LOVE IT!!!!!
XO XO XO
blog comments powered by Disqus