Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stressed

I am trying not to stress out at the moment.  I no it isn't good for me to worry and that I just need to relax BUT it's really hard.  I am so worried right now about insurance.  We have none.  My job doesn't offer it and my husband's previous job didn't either (he was laid off in November) so we have just been paying out of pocket to go to the doctor.  I guess I assumed that when and if I did get pregnant that we would have this issue figured out by now but we don't.  Here's the kicker....even with my husband being unemployed we still make $200 a month too much to qualify for Sooner Care, which is our states Medicaid program.  Even if I were to take out a policy today I don't think my pregnancy would be covered because of that wonderful thing called a Pre Existing Condition.  How in the heck is pregnancy pre existing?  I hate insurance companies. I hate them with a passion.  My ex-husband suffered from Epilepsy so I have alot of experience dealing with them NOT covering stuff due to "pre-existing".  It was the most frustrating thing I have had to deal with when it comes to medical stuff.  Anyway I know that I have a few weeks until it is really imperitive that I go to my first prenatal visit.  My husbands unemployement is up in four weeks...yep we are really going to be hurting then.  Jobs are scarce around here and we are even considering a move.  However when he doesn't have that money coming in anymore I will qualify I think. He maybe eligible for an extension if the Bill goes thru so i'm really unclear if we will be required to take that money.  We can't just simply quit getting the unemployement rite now just so we can get Sooner Care.  Ugh!!!  I want the best for this baby and with my history I feel like the sooner I go to the doctor the better. So I guess i'm asking you guys to say a prayer!  I know that God is listening and that He will take care of me and this baby. 
Ok enough about that. Whew I feel better to get that off my chest!  So I decided that i'm going to start documenting this pregnancy so I can look back a year from now and remember everything.  I regret not doing that while I was pregnant with Alex.  It's amazing how much you forget!  So I went online and did a due date calculator and according to my last menstrual cycle the baby will be due roughly around December 18, 2010. Wow a Christmas baby! I am about five weeks and I already feel pregnant. I LOVE it!  I have had a few waves of nausea but for the most part it hasn't kicked in full force yet. I was so very sick with Alex and it lasted about two months.  I'm really hoping that I bypass that part but if not that's ok too.  I am extremely tired and let me tell you my boobs are SORE!!!!  I see bra shopping in my near future as well.  So there is about seven weeks until I am in my second trimester.  Those seven weeks can't go by quick enough! Do you guys realize just how many pregnancy websites there are?  It's kinda overwhelming!  Do you have any suggestions as to which one's are better? I have no idea.  Anyway here are som fun due date facts I found yesterday.
  • Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
  • Half Birthday: June 18
  • Birthstone: Turquoise
  • Birth Flower: Narcissus or Holly
  • He/she will be born in the Chinese Year of The White Metal Tiger
  • This time next year he/she will be 17 weeks old!
  • He/she will start kindergarten in 2016, be old enough to drive a car in 2026, finish high school in 2029 (I will be 52 when he/she graduates!) and graduate from college with the class of 2033 give or take a year.
Hope this post makes sense. I am kinda rambling! 
Happy Thursday everyone!!
blog comments powered by Disqus