Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthday blues

So today is my 31st birthday. For whatever reason I'm feeling a little down in the dumps and I really don't know why. I mean last year I turned 30 and it felt like the world was ending. Then after a little bit I started to realize that I really liked being thirty and was looking forward to my 30's. So I figured 31 would be a piece of cake, but it's not. Maybe it's because my fiance, who is 6 1/2 years younger than me has never used a Polaroid camera or has never watched Dynasty, which makes me feel incredibly old. Maybe it's because when I look in the mirror I see wrinkles that weren't there last year. It could be because when I look at my child I no longer see a baby but a young boy that will soon be a young man. All of these things are reminders to me that life is whizzing on by and isn't going to stop for me to apply my anti wrinkle cream. Either way, I'm sure these feelings will pass in a few days and I will embrace 31 with open arms!

blog comments powered by Disqus