Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wednesday Recipe

I have been trying to come up with ideas to make my little blog more interesting and fun. I never in a million years thought I would actually enjoy blogging, but I'm having a blast! While I was brainstorming I thought it might be fun to have Wednesday as my recipe day. At least I will have recipes in writing that I CAN'T lose. I always find great recipes and jot them down on some random scratch paper then end up "misplacing" it then I can't remember where I got the recipe to begin with. So here is my first recipe. I actually got this one from my best friend and believe it or not it is so good. Kinda fattening, but delicious!! If anyone decides to try them let me know what you think!

Spicy Crackers (great along with a salad or by themselves as a snack!)

1 box of saltine crackers (name brand works better for some reason)
1 1/2 cup of Canola Oil
1 teaspoon of Kian Pepper
1 package of Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix
Pour all contents into 1 gallon lidded jar
Turn every 30 minutes for 3 hours (Total of 6 turns. You don't have to turn the container exactly at 30 min. If you go over a little it's no big deal!)
No the oil does not make the crackers soggy, though that's exactly what I asked.
blog comments powered by Disqus