Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mom you have flappy arms!

So the other day I was walking Alex to the bus stop and as he got on the bus I waved goodbye to him like I do every morning. This morning though I noticed something that was really disturbing. As I was waving the skin on my upper arm was flapping back and forth!! Not to be offense to anyone about age, but you know like your grandma's arms do when she waves?! When did this happen? Overnight? Gradually? Why haven't I ever noticed it before? I used to be a runner and was always in really good shape, but after I had Alex I quit running. My body isn't what it used to be to say the least. However, I've never had this problem before. So that evening while we were eating dinner (no it probably wasn't great dinner conversation but oh well) I started telling Mr. S about my little problem. Of course he doesn't understand why this is a big deal but he's trying to be reassuring by telling me that I look fine and don't have huge flappy arms. He's almost got me convinced when later in the evening Alex says to me "Mom, you do kind of have flappy arms but it's ok I still love you anyway!" He was trying to be really sweet and it melted my heart that he loves me no matter what I look like. However as all of us mothers out there know a child tells it exactly how it is so I MUST have flappy arms. I guess it's time to break out the running shoes and get back in shape!!
blog comments powered by Disqus