Thursday, May 8, 2008

We Survived!

Well we survived the birthday weekend festivities!! Saturday Alex had his best friend over for a slumber party. This was Alex's first time to have a friend over to spend the night so he was really excited. I had plenty of activities planned so Jacob didn't have much time to think about getting scared and missing his mom. I was worried he would get scared close to bedtime and want to go home, which would have been the end of the world to Alex. They both played very well together and believe it or not, I didn't have to get onto them one time! That is an amazing thing in itself!! His mom had warned me that he was an early riser so I made sure they went to bed kind of early, which was hard because they got into the pepsi in the fridge. I kid you not it was like the scene out of the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie where the chipmunks drink coffee! To be honest with you I have know idea how many cans of pop they drank! Note to self for next sleepover: Pop goes locked away where little people can't just help themselves! Sunday morning Jacob was up at 7:00 a.m. (Alex will sleep till 10 or 11 on the weekends if you let him) ready to go. Alex woke up reluctantly but once he was up he was ready for the fun to begin. By 9:15 a.m. they had skated in the driveway, road their scooters, I took them to the park and also an adventure through the hilly neighborhood. Needless to say I was exhausted.


The skating party was from 1-3:30 and we had a great turn out. Ten of Alex's friends came and it was just the right amount. Alex had so much fun and made out like a little bandit! It made me so happy to see him socializing with his friends and skating all around grinning ear to ear. After weeks of anticipation the party came and went as fast as the wind. Alex was so disappointed it was over and said he wished he could build a time machine so he could do it all over again. This is how our conversation went:

Alex: Mommy I wish I could go back in time. I want to build a time machine so I can go back to Friday.

I said: That would be really cool baby, but I don't think we can do that.

Alex: Hmmm....do you think Steven knows how to build one???

He wasn't giving up on the idea! He is slowly realizing how this whole time thing works! I am just happy that we survived the weekend and it turned out to be a success!!
blog comments powered by Disqus