Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Well that went by fast....

It seems like it was just yesterday I was posting that we were heading to the lake for almost 6 days. Now here I sit at my computer at work writing about how it all went. Time is just FLYING by so fast it's scary. We had such a great time!! Alex had a wonderful time and made a couple of new buddies whom he played with about 90% of the time we were there. We went fishing (well I didn't fish but just watched) and Alex reeled in a fish that was almost bigger than him. It was awesome! I have ALOT of pictures to add when I get a chance. This was our little weenie dog Hammie's first camping experience. He is NOT a very good camping dog to say the least. Lucky, our Jack Russell, is so good and just loves to camp. Hammie on the other hand would not let me out of his sight. He would start barking hysterically if he couldn't see me or if I walked away so by day two I'm even taking him to the bathroom with me. We are hoping that next year will be better since he will be older. Of course Sunday night into early Monday it stormed really bad. Typical Oklahoma weather for you! It was about 2:00 a.m. when it got REALLY bad but we just road it out. Alex was sound asleep and didn't wake up once, which I couldn't believe. At one point the thunder was so loud the entire tent was vibrating. Monday was ALOT of fun since everything was completely covered in mud and sand. We spent most of the morning cleaning and packing up then we headed home. Alex and I made our last trip to the bathrooms and he was wishing so bad that we could go back in time to Wednesday and start all over. I still can't believe how fast it went by this year. We are already planning for next year's trip!! We plan to go on a few weekend camp outs, but it's just not the same as Memorial Day weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus