Friday, October 17, 2008

Are some things better left unsaid?

I have something that I really need to get off my chest. I don't know maybe it's better left unsaid, but at this point I really don't care. I don't care who reads this(i'm sure none of my readers will care what I say). I don't care if when they read it they get mad or offended. I don't care if this person happens to be a family member. I guess you guys are getting the picture that I just don't care anymore. Have you ever met someone that is self centered? That doesn't care about anyone but themselves even when it comes to their own child? Can you imagine knowing two people like this? I'm not going to go into specifics about how I know these people (really long and gritty story) lets just say they are family by marriage. I will not disclose real names but for the purposes of this post I will refer to them as Mr. X , Mrs. X and Baby X. The past three almost four years they have lived at home with Mr. X's parents rent, utility and grocery free. Yes I said free. Now don't get me wrong if someone is having a hard time and needs a little help for awhile I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. However, if you have two capable adults with full time jobs who take advantage of the situation that is a whole other story. Did I mention they make over $3,000 a month????!!!! Not only do Mr. and Mrs. X live in this house rent/bill free they also expect Mr. X's family to watch Baby X for free not only while they work but while they play too. Let me tell you there is just as much playing as there is working. A child, in my opinion, is a gift from God and that gift can be taken away just as quickly as it was given to you. I can not imagine not wanting to spend time with my child. I love every minute of it! Of course we all need a break here and then, but not everyday. Can you imagine missing out on the first word, first steps, first everything??? I surely can't that is why this hole situation boggles my mind. It is hard enough to comprehend how two people can expect to live somewhere indefinitely for free let alone neglecting their child. Emotional neglect is exactly what is happening here. He is taken well care of don't get me wrong, but a child needs his/her parents. They need that special bond that can't be replaced by anyone else. The craziest part about all of this is Mr. X's parents feel exactly what I am typing but they say nothing. Absolutely nothing. They just let it happen and then call us and gripe about it. I've been hearing this for 3 years now and can take no more. A part of me feels like it's none of my business and I should just stay out of it and the other part of me wants to start WW III. I don't know maybe a certain person will stumble upon this blog and get the freakin picture! Until then I guess I will keep my mouth zipped because it may cause more trouble than it is worth. Anyone out there ever been in this situation before??
blog comments powered by Disqus