Friday, October 10, 2008

Mom what are you doing?

So the other night I got a second wind and decided I was going to do a little cleaning. I don't know what came over me....I was actually looking forward to cleaning. I must have been sick. Just so happens its getting close to Alex's bedtime so I knew I needed to hurry if I was going to get anything done in his room. I chose to just vacuum his room and save the rest for another time. Considering it looked like WW III in there, I knew there was no way I could get it all done. He tries to help clean his room but we all know how that goes. Alex was already in bed but not asleep so I hurriedly went in there and started vacuuming. He of course is looking at me like i'm crazy. I must have looked pretty strange flying around his room with the vacuum.
Our conversation went something like this....

Alex: Mom what are you doing???

Me: Honey, i'm vacuuming. What do you think i'm doing?

Alex: (laughing) I don't know...

Me: What do you mean you don't know? I'm vacuuming.

Alex: (he's silent for a few seconds) Mom, is there someone coming over that I don't know about?

Then I realize the only time I clean like a crazy woman is when someone is coming over to visit. I just started laughing. It's times like these that make me realize my child pays attention to EVERYTHING I do good and bad. Wow. The bad things....you know like saying bad words when I'm driving. Then I had a flash forward. I could just see my precious Alex all grown up and married with a family of his own......flying around the house with a vacuum cleaning like crazy because mom is coming over to visit!

Happy Friday!!
blog comments powered by Disqus