Thursday, October 23, 2008

Puke puke go away and never come again!!

My poor little guy is sick today. I got the dreaded call from the school this morning after I had been at work maybe 45 minutes. This is how it went....
Nurse: Hello is this Andrea?
Me: Yes, this is she
Nurse: I was just calling to let you know Alex has thrown up at school
Me: Oh no is he ok? (I'm thinking damnit why couldn't it of happened before I drove all the way to work?!)
Nurse: He's ok for now. I asked him what he had for breakfast and he said he only drank milk because his stomach hurt.
Me: Yes he said it hurt this morning, but I thought maybe he was just trying to get out of going to school (He's been known to do this)
Nurse: Well then I asked him what he had for dinner last night.....his answer was projectile vomit.
Me: Oh wow...i'm on my way(all the while i'm having to hide my fits of laughter that he had exorcist style vomit all over the school nurse!)

So now i'm at work with a sick child and all I really want to do is take him home. I hate having to bring him to work with me while he is sick. I no he hates it too. He wants nothing more than to just be in the comfort of his own home laying on the couch with mom snuggling. Ok snap back to reality. I HAVE to work otherwise I run the risk of losing my job. The entire car ride back to work I was thinking how can I be a SAHM and still make money? I'm not sure what the answer to that question is but I have to figure it out. I am so tired of missing out on things with my child to come to a job that I really don't like. I am tired of missing out on field trips at school, picking up my child everyday and the list could go on all day. So my new mission is to try to figure out a way to stay at home and make a little money too. I will let you know when and if I get it figured out!
So for now i'm just praying that the little stomach virus doesn't visit too long and that it doesn't spread throughout the entire family!
blog comments powered by Disqus