Thursday, October 2, 2008

Irrational fear

Every year on the 1st of October I have to make a trip to the tag agency to renew my car tag. Every year I come closer and closer to having a full blown panic attack right in the middle of the tag office while I'm waiting on my little colored sticker. Which by the way is really ugly this year. Who picked brown?? I have no idea why I get this way. It really is irrational. As soon as I walk in the door I start to feel nervous. I sign in and then pick a seat anxiously waiting for my name to be called. Finally my name is called and I walk up to the poor lady behind the counter. I let her know what I need, hand over my insurance stuff and then go sit back down to wait again. This is when it gets really bad. My hands start to shake and my breathing becomes quicker. What the heck is going on?? I have NO IDEA!!! FINALLY she calls my name once again and I go up to get my really expensive sticker. I say thank you and bolt out the door and once again I'm fine. Back to my normal self. So I put that little sticker on and get the heck out of that place knowing I don't have to go back for another year. However, this year my license expires so I will be making another trip in January. I'm sure my picture will turn out so nice don't you think?
blog comments powered by Disqus